Air Innovations humidifiers can malfunction or even stop working like any electrical gadget. But based on my experience, with a little DIY magic, you can bring it back to life easily.
Some common reasons for an Air Innovations humidifier not working are low water levels, mineral buildup in the base, and improper assembly. However, there may be other underlying issues as well.
I’ve compiled a list of all the possible issues and solutions for your Air Innovations humidifier, so you can skip the boring stuff and get straight to the fun part – fixing it!
As far as I know, most models of Air Innovations only have a 1-year warranty. It means you may also save a bunch of money and time by following this troubleshooting guide.
Let’s get started!
Air Innovations humidifier won’t turn on
Every time we purchased a new humidifier, we would conduct a two-week test. I still remember that one day when I tried to test the noise level of our Air Innovations humidifier, I found that it just couldn’t turn on.
When I pressed the power button, the display panel didn’t light up. I didn’t know what happened and worried about if it was broken. Luckily, it was because it was not plugged in.
If the humidifier is unable to receive power, it won’t be able to function properly. Therefore, it’s also possible that the power source is experiencing an issue, like a power outage.
However, rarely, it is because the motor in your humidifier is dead so that it stops working.
So in short, there are three main reasons:
1. The machine is not plugged in.
2. Faulty power source.
3. Broken motor.
What to do?
First, let’s plug it back in and see if it turns on. If it doesn’t, let’s check if there’s a power outage in your area and try a different working outlet.
If the issue is due to a faulty power source, it’s best to seek help from a qualified technician. Safety first, right?
If we find that the motor is broken, don’t worry! If the product is still under warranty, we can contact the manufacturer for assistance. If not, purchasing a new unit may be the best option, as repairing it could be costly.
Air Innovations humidifier is not misting
Sometimes, the control panel is lighting up, but there is no mist or reduced mist coming out of the mist nozzle. There are four common causes:
1. Indoor humidity level is too high. Many Air Innovations humidifiers have a built-in humidistat. Once the indoor humidity level exceeds your target humidity level, the machine will stop working automatically.
2. The ultrasonic nebulizer is clogged. This is more likely to happen when you use tap water with your machine. The impurities in the water will accumulate and become mineral buildup in the base, inhibiting the vibration of the nebulizer.
3. Water level is too low. To protect the humidifier from malfunctioning, almost every Air Innovations humidifier will shut off automatically when it runs out of water. There is a water sensor in the base. When the water level is low, it will notify the machine to stop producing mist. If your model has a display, it will show a waterless indicator.
What to do?
First, press the humidistat button and increase the target humidity level to see if it starts to disperse the mist again.
If not, fill the water tank with a lot of water and wait a few minutes. You can also press the valve of the water tank a few times to remove the water bubble. If this solution is still not working, it is time to clean your humidifier.
Vinegar is effective in removing mineral buildup. Make a 1:3 solution of water to vinegar and add it to the base. Let it sit for about half an hour and use a small brush to remove the scale. Remember to rinse it off with water before testing your machine again.
Air Innovations humidifier is leaking
When a humidifier starts to leak, it can create quite a disturbance and result in a messy situation. Calm down! More often than not, you can fix it in one minute.
The common causes include:
1. The cap of the water tank is not screwed on tightly. The water in the tank can leak into the base and get out from the crevice between the base and the tank.
2. The water tank is not seated on the base correctly. This will affect the normal operation of the valve, causing the overflow of the water.
3. There are cracks in the housing. Have you ever accidentally dropped your humidifier? Is your Air Innovations humidifier relatively old? Water can seep out through the cracks.
What to do?
Unscrew the cap, then screw it back on. Lift the water tank to check for any leakage around the cap. If the cap is broken, replace it. You can typically obtain a replacement from the manufacturer.
If the problem boils down to improper assembly, you can lift the tank and then place it on the base carefully again.
If you suspect that your humidifier has cracked, you can wipe off all the water on it and observe for a few minutes to see where water droplets emerge. If it is still within the warranty period, you can contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
Air Innovations Humidifier Makes Noise
Air Innovations humidifiers are known for their quiet operation process, but occasionally, users may encounter noise issues.
If you hear strange sounds coming from your Air Innovations humidifier, don’t be alarmed as it is typically due to an uneven surface.
What to do?
Find a flat surface and move the humidifier there to eliminate any vibrations that could be causing the noise.
Although malfunctions may occur, repairing an Air Innovations humidifier is generally a straightforward process that you can easily tackle with some DIY skills.
Just remember to check the power source, buildups, water level, and assembly before calling a technician. And if all else fails, you can always reach out to the manufacturer for assistance.
So, don’t let a broken humidifier get you down! Use this troubleshooting guide to bring your Air Innovations humidifier back to life and enjoy the soothing mist once again. And who knows, you might even discover a hidden talent for fixing things along the way. Happy troubleshooting!